Working at HC
Our conservation philosophy is guided by the principle of minimum intervention and our aim is always to demystify the conservation process, presenting the client with a rational and sensitive approach to the constraints and intricacies of each individual project.
At Hall Conservation we are always on the lookout for skilled and interesting creative people who are keen problem solvers.
Any current job openings are listed below but even if you don't see something there, we would love to hear from conservation, heritage and creative craft practitioners as we are always keen to expand our network of freelancers, colleagues and contacts.
Workshop and Metalwork
Conservators and Restorers
We are looking for a project administrator to join our team. As a Project Administrator your role will be to assist with a variety of projects from set-up to final reports, whilst ensuring all quality procedures are followed. Managing allocated elements of projects to ensure scheduled dates are achieved and within allocated time frame and budget. You will have strong communication skills and will be liaising with clients and our internal team. You will be providing project guidance, support and assistance wherever necessary.
At Hall Conservation Ltd we undertake Consultancy, Sculpture, Object and Architectural Conservation Treatment, Design and Making of Bespoke items. You will be an integral part of our team helping things run as sooth as possible on a daily basis.
Qualities we are looking for:You will have strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Show appropriate initiative; work independently when necessary.
- Superb team working qualities.
- You will be an excellent problem solver.
- Great attention to detail.
- Display excellent administration and organisational skills
- Demonstrate supervision skills; i.e. task delegation and time management
- You will be flexible and adaptable to changing needs of the projects.
- Have an interest in Art History.
Hall Conservation Ltd are a specialist conservation and restoration company with an expanding project list. We work in a diverse sector where we can be called to work on sculpture one day, historic objects and structures, or traditionally made bespoke ironwork the next.
To meet these demands Hall Conservation Ltd employs a range of skilled people. Currently the team includes; Blacksmiths, Sculptors, Artists, Decorative surface specialists, Gilders, Conservators, Stone workers and Carpenters. To meet our workload, we are currently looking for people with experience in heritage metalwork restoration, and/or skilled metalworkers/fitters with an interest in Conservation to assist with ongoing and new projects. The position os mainly workshop/studio based. However, you may also be required to work on site.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Current CSCS card would be a benefit
- Welding, brazing and soldering of both steel and brass fabrications.
- Experience working on conservation and heritage refurbishment projects.
- Traditional blacksmithing experience would be extremely beneficial.
- Site fitting and installation experience.
- High end residential or listed building experience desirable.
- UK driving license
- Object handling experience
- Problem solving and a willingness to suggest solutions and join in team discussions
- Site supervision an /or site management experience would be advantageous
In short, we are looking for people who love what they do, who get inspired by using their first-class skills, whom clients will love, and who want to be part of a fantastic team of hard-working people with ambitions to be the best in the sector.
Competitive salary based on skills and experience and there may be multiple positions.
Hall Conservation Ltd is a Equal Opportunities Employer