Hall Conservation Ltd


Event – Kirkintilloch & Campsie Parish War Memorials Press Call

WAR MEMORIALS RESTORED TO FORMER GLORY Press Release by East Dunbartonshire Council – 28th Feb 2017 “War memorials in Kirkintilloch and Lennoxtown have been returned to their former glory, thanks to great partnership working between the Centenary Memorials Restoration Fund
Continue Reading →

Duff House Sculptures, Historic Scotland

The collection comprises of six lead figures, depicting Mars, Minerva, Mercury, Apollo, Bacchus and Diana. Mars and Minerva had been previously conserved by Andrew and Janet Naylor and currently stand within Duff House. Of the other four, Mercury and Apollo had been subjected to previ
Continue Reading →

Nymph and Fawn, Charles Hodge Mackie, National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh

The Nymph and Fawn sculpture is possibly the only sculpture attributable to Mackie, as he was primarily a painter. It was commissioned as a garden sculpture by John James Cowan in 1914 and cast in lead. Over the course of time and exposed to the elements, the armature had failed, caus
Continue Reading →

Charles II, Grinling Gibbons, Parliament Square, Edinburgh

The lead sculpture of Charles II on horseback, located in Edinburgh’s Parliament Square, is the UK’s oldest lead equestrian sculpture. It was installed on the 16th April 1685, its design is attributed to Grinling Gibbons and it is a second version of the original bronze at Windsor Cas
Continue Reading →